Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Oriental Chicken Salad













I borrowed this recipe from:

Sunshine and Lemonade


Oriental Chicken Salad
--2 (10 oz) packages of broccoli slaw
--2 pkgs Ramen noodles (I use roasted chicken flavor - it really doesn't matter what kind)
--1 cup sunflower seeds
--1/2 cup slivered almonds
--Bag of tyson grilled chicken strips - marinated in teriyaki (I used fresh chicken I grilled myself)


Dressing:
--3/4 cup oil
--1/3 cup vinegar (I used Apple Cider vinegar
--1/2 cup sugar
--1 tsp sesame oil
--both seasoning packets from the Ramen noodles


Break up noodles and toss with almonds. Toast at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
Mix dressing. Combine all ingredients. Chill before serving.

This makes a quick and simple meal that my family enjoyed. I substitued cabbage slaw for the broccoli slaw because my family doesn't like broccoli. I also substitued olive oil for the sesame oil (because I didn't have sesame oil).

Thanks, Kat, for a wonderful recipe!

No comments: