Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July Flag Cake






Okay, this isn't an original recipe - I stole this out of a magazine a few years ago, but it's one my family loves and I make it on the 4th because it's so pretty. The strawberries and blueberries are currently available at local Farmer's Markets.



Flag Cake
2 pints of strawberries
1 recipe of your favorite white or yellow cake (or mix)
1 1/3 C of blueberries
1 tub of whipped topping

Mix up and bake (I use a throw-away pan if I'm taking this cake to a picnic) your favorite cake mix or recipe. (I use white because it makes the cake prettier; I also use a box mix to make the process easier.) Let cool. Cut one cup of strawberries into slices and set aside. With the remaining strawberries, cut them in half and set aside. Top cake (in pan) with 1 cup sliced strawberries, 1 cup blueberries and all of the whipped topping. Arrange remaining strawberry halves and blueberries on whipped topping to create a flag design. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serves 12.

No comments: