Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The SITS Recipe Contest

This is the recipe I'm entering for The Secrets in the Sauce Recipe contest. Even though I posted this recipe last week, I'm adding it here for the contest. Wish me luck!



PORK CHOP & SCALLOPED POTATO BAKE




--4 pork chops
--2 TBSP oil
--1 onion, sliced
--3 TBSP butter
--3 TBSP flour
--1 tsp salt
--1/4 tsp pepper
--1 cup milk
--1 cup chicken broth
--4 potatoes, pared & thinly sliced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan. Layer potato slices into bottom of pan.

In another skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Remove chops from skillet, then add onion rings and saute until tender. Remove onions and layer on top of potatoes.

Return skillet to stove and melt butter; stir in flour, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Add milk and broth slowly. Cook, stirring constantly until sauce thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat.

Pour sauce evenly over potatoes and onions. Top with chops. Cover tightly with foil. Bake 1 hour. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until chops and potatoes are tender. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

WOW, this looks delish!!!! This is totally something I would want to try as I have been starting to cook outside my norm. I have made pork chops once maybe but this looks sooo good. I am not sure if I am entering the contest but I could sure see voting for this...

Shelley said...

I am very hungery now!!