Monday, August 11, 2008

Banana Bread

Against my better judgement, I bought my youngest daughter some bananas at the grocery store last week. We have been avoiding bananas because they aren't local and they cost so much to transport. But she was complaining that she missed her bananas, so I caved in and bought some.

As always with bananas, the ripened quicker than she could eat them, so I ended up with 2 very ripe bananas. What do you do with really ripe bananas? Why make banana bread, of course!




Easy Banana Bread

--2 to 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
--1/3 cup butter
--3/4 cup sugar
--1 egg, beaten
--1 tsp vanilla
--1 tsp baking soda
--pinch of salt
--1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In large mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add butter to bananas and blend thoroughly. Add sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt; mix well. Slowly add flour until it is all incorporated into banana mixture. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for one hours. Enjoy.

Banana bread makes a wonderful breakfast food.

No comments: