Monday, August 4, 2008

Grilled Crispy Potato Wedges


Of all the root crops, potatoes are my family's favorite. In honor of the first potato harvest of the year - in my backyard, of course - I'm sharing my recipe for Grilled Cripsy Potato Wedges. It's quick, easy and my family loves them!


GRILLED CRISPY POTATO WEDGES

--3 or 4 large baking potatoes potatoes (depending on your family size)
--1/2 cup Dijon mustard
--2 TBSP olive oil
--1 TBSP fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
--coarse salt to tast
--freshly ground black pepper to taste

Bake or microwave the potatoes until almost cooked, approximately 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or 6 to 8 minutes in the microwave. Cut the partially cooked potatoes length-wise into wedges.

In a bowl mix together the mustard, olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Coat the wedges with the mustard mix.

Preheat a grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grill surface. Add potatoes to grill and cover. Check every 5 minutes, turning the wedges to brown on all sides. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Yum! I just made some similar to this last night except I tossed them in bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. This will be a another nice option.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Gosh, I just love potatoes so much. Anyway I can get them, and these look so delicious!!!!!!

Shelley said...

Sounds easy and good!