Monday, September 22, 2008

Tomato Pie


I got this recipe from Traci at Meadows Family News and my family loves it! We have been using up the last of the garden tomatoes, so this recipe is perfect.

Tomato Pie

--Pie crust (I use my homemade crust, but frozen is okay)
--1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
--Garlic Powder, to taste
--Salt & Pepper, to taste
--Tomatoes, cut into pieces, enough to fill pie plate
--1 to 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
--1/2 shredded Parmesan cheese
--Fresh Basil

Preheat oven to 425. Cover edges of crust with foil and bake for 5 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes. Remove crust from oven and turn oven back to 375. Layer pie crust with breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper, tomatoes, mozzarella and parmesan, and then repeat layers again. End with a layer of tomatoes. Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh basil and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the tip on the pizza dough. I will try preheating the stone next time!

Shelley said...

Great fall recipe! My mom was trying to give me about 20 tomoatoes from her garden this weekend and I didn't know what I was going to do w/ them.

Shelley said...

Bobbi - I'm mentioning you in today's post at my log blog!

Angela said...

Hi Bobbi! Hope all is well - you haven't posted in a while!

PS I tagged you on my blog today! Happy Weekend!